VEGAN BANANA ICE CREAM COOKIEWICH
Our Organic, Non-GMO mixes are not only delicious, they are also vegan! One of our Baker’s Circle members created this vegan ice cream sandwich recipe using our Chocolate Chippy Mix.
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1 package Foodstirs Organic Chocolate Chippy Cookie mix
- ¼ cup ripe banana mashed
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter room temperature
Banana Ice Cream:
- 4 ripe bananas frozen
- 2/3 cup vanilla almond milk frozen
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- Freeze four bananas and the almond milk in advance.
- Preheat oven to 375oF.
- In a bowl, blend the vegan butter with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the mashed banana and dry Foodstirs Organic Chocolate Chippy Cookie mix and continue blending mixture until dough is formed.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough and place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, place the cookies on another baking sheet in a single layer and freeze for several hours.
- In a high powered blender using a tamper blend the frozen bananas, frozen soy milk and vanilla extract until thick and creamy.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer.
- Scoop some of the nice cream and place in the middle of the cookie. Top with another cookie and gently press down.
- Return to the freezer and freeze until hard.
- Wrap each sandwich individually in plastic wrap and keep in the freezer until ready to eat.
About the Baker: Desiree Rodriguez is the creator of Rican Vegan, a wellness and food blog that specializes in creating vegan and vegetarian recipes that are inspired by traditional Latin dishes. She provides health and wellness tips as well as healthy and flavorful recipes for anyone who is looking to eat a plant-based diet. Head over to RicanVegan.com for more recipes.