SALTED CARAMEL BROWNIE
This Salted Caramel Brownie Recipe will satisfy all your salty and sweet cravings!
- For the Salted Caramel Sauce:
¾ cup sugar
3 tablespoons water
½ cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
Yield: 16 brownies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 18-22 minutes
- For the brownies:
1 package Foodstirs Organic Chocolate Lovers Brownie Mix
1/3 cup oil
1 tablespoon water
½ cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine sugar, salt, and water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Cook until sugar fully dissolves and begins to caramelize. Be sure to stir mixture constantly. Remove from heat when color becomes a golden amber.
- Slowly add heavy cream and stir until combined. Then add butter and stir until melted; mix in salt and vanilla. Allow caramel to cool slightly before adding to brownies.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl. Add oil and water and continue mixing until well blended.
- Add dry brownie mix and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spray an 8×8” square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour brownie mix into pan and spread evenly.
- Scatter dollops of caramel sauce into the pan and use the tip of a knife to swirl it into the brownie batter.
- Drop chocolate chunks on top of brownies and press lightly to stick them into the batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into squares.