Foodstirs may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Policy is effective from September 9, 2015.
What we collect
We collect Information directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services. We may combine all of the Information from various sources.
Information we collect directly from you: We may collect Information such as the following directly from you:
- name and job title
- contact information, including email address and shipping address
- billing information, including credit or debit card information and billing address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information collected through customer surveys and/or offers
- food preferences, including allergies to certain foods
Information we collect from third parties: We may collect Information about you from third parties, such as marketing partners (e.g., if we jointly offer a promotion). We may also collect Information about you from a parent or friend (e.g., your friend may provide your email address to us).
Information we collect automatically: We automatically collect Information through your use of our Site using cookies and other technologies. This Information may include, without limitation, your domain name, operating system, settings and system configurations, IP address, the webpages you access within our Site, the website that led you to our Site, the website to which you go after leaving our Site, the dates and times you access our Site, and web log data.
What we do with the Information we gather
We use your Information for the following purposes:
- Internal record keeping and other administrative business purposes.
- Improving our products and services, including understanding your needs, providing you with a better service, and tailoring the Site according to your interests, and for other customer service purposes.
- Sending promotional information about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information (including email address, phone number, fax, or mail address) which you have provided.
- Conducting market research, including by email, phone, fax or mail; analyzing your use of our Site and Services; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Complying with applicable legal obligations, including informal requests from law enforcement or other governmental entities.
How we share your Information
We may disclose Information with the following entities:
- Affiliates: We may disclose Information to any current or future affiliates, parent companies, or subsidiaries.
- Service Providers: We may disclose Information to vendors, service providers, agents, contractors, or others who perform functions on our behalf.
- Unaffiliated Third Parties: We may disclose Information to third parties. Third parties who receive Information may use such Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes. Please see our Special information for California consumers section below with regard to such disclosures.
We may also disclose Information for the following purposes:
- Business Transfers: We may disclose Information to another entity if we are acquired by or merged with another company, if we sell or transfer a business unit or assets to another company, as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
- Legal Compliance: We may disclose Information in order to comply with the law, regulation, a judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order, or other legal process, including informal law enforcement or governmental requests for information.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information: We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
We have taken steps to help protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
Cookies and other tracking mechanisms
Cookies: A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Web beacons/clear GIFs: Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages or in our emails. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to track the activities of visitors to our Site, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our Site. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in emails to our users, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Flash LSO: We may also use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, please click here.
Do Not Track: Our Site may not respond to Do Not Track signals and we may track your activities once you leave our Site. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies). For more information about tracking, please click here.
Links to other websites
Our Site may contain links to enable you to visit other websites easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our Site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any Information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Policy. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may request to modify the Personal Information that you have submitted by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Special information for California residents
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us using the information below:
2332 S. Centinela Ave. Studio C,
Los Angeles, CA 90034