Based in Santa Monica, CA, Foodstirs was co-founded by entrepreneurs Galit Laibow, Greg Fleishman and actress & author Sarah Michelle Gellar behind the sole purpose of helping people connect through the power of Elevated Comfort Food. Foodstirs is starting with the baking category and our organic/non-GMO products that are superior on every level. Everything we make is based on four core principles: ultra-sustainability, ease of preparation, accessibly priced and delicious from-scratch taste. And, we are committed to direct-sourcing regenerative ingredients that utilize planet-healing agricultural methods like Biodynamic® and identity-preserved. Foodstirs is going beyond classic baking formats with the launches of the first ever organic Minute Mug Cakes and Bake Your Own Chewy Oat Bars and Protein Bars (a Top 5 New Item at 2018 Natural Products Expo West). Our products are sold nationwide online and in over 15,000 retail stores that include Starbucks, Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, Target, Kroger, Safeway, Amazon and many more. Check out our story here: www.Foodstirs.com and Entrepreneur Magazine Cover Article.
Check out our Press page to see what we are up to!
Area Sales Manager (NYC/NJ)
Area Sales Manager (NYC/NJ)
Location: Remote Status: Full-Time Start Date: Immediately
The Area Manager – NYC/NJ, will work closely with and report directly to the Region Sales Manager - East, to provide targeted executional focus and manage Foodstirs resources throughout the highly competitive and unique NY/NJ Metro Area. Position requires the ideal candidate to be scrappy, savvy, and hit the ground running to develop and identify key relationships and opportunities to drive distribution and sales growth. Responsibilities include oversight of all DSD/Distributor sales activities in NY & NJ markets to achieve maximum market penetration for all the company’s products in retail channels. This will entail working at both strategic and tactical levels to develop, implement, and manage programs that maximize both short and long-range objectives for the Area’s sales growth; managing day to day relationships with broker, distributer, and retail partners by scheduling ride-alongs, market tours, and store calls; serving as subject matter expert on unique market dynamics and opportunities; and working in close collaboration with the Region Sales Manager to develop and execute best in class distribution, incentive, and promotional plans.
It is critical that the Area Manager have a proactive approach to sales development – addressing day-to-day operating issues as well as providing strategic input. He/she will be primarily involved in personal account selling – this could look like a headquarter call at a regional distributer, a ride along in a DSD truck, meetings with co-op owner groups, or a self-motivated market tour identifying key distribution opportunity gaps. Key areas of focus will encompass leadership and subject matter expertise across a variety of fronts – key Area account management and business development, in-store execution of marketing and trade programs & the ability to drive significant distribution gains. All business activities must be done in a way that underscores the social mission of Foodstirs.
- Strengthening and developing key account, distributer, and broker contacts throughout the NY/NJ Area to ensure Foodstirs is top of mind and on the leading edge in this highly competitive market
- Working closely and with the support of the Region Sales Manager - East, to develop and implement winning strategies across Natural, Grocery, and Specialty Channels throughout the NY/NJ Area; translating broad company sales goals and objectives into best in class solutions at the local market level
- Conducting store audits and “ride alongs” (with broker management and/or distributer reps) to maximize sell-in opportunities and ensure timely execution on new item introductions, schematic implementation, promotional programming, and that they have all necessary resources required to succeed in the market place (e.g., product samples, sell sheets, promo calendars, point of sale, etc.)
- Willing to travel throughout the greater NY/NJ Metro area 4 days/week to provide the full and consistent coverage needed to over-deliver against sales objectives in this unique market
- Championing Foodstirs as a brand expert and ambassador with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate who and what we are with enthusiasm!
- Negotiating new item and promotional programs in a fast-paced environment to achieve “win-win” outcomes that fall within Foodstirs standards and guardrails
- Leveraging personal relationships with broker and distributer partners to recommend and implement incentive programs to drive distribution and sales
- Work alongside the Region Sales Manager to develop and execute a winning plan for co-op retailers by providing individualized attention and solutions for individual owner groups informed at the HQ level
- Identifying opportunities to build strong connections with key individuals and form meaningful and impactful relationships that benefit the Foodstirs brand (from consumer to buyers and everyone in between).
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in the Natural & Grocery Channels (Whole Foods, Sprouts, NCG, Kroger, Ahold, Wegmans, Publix, Wakefern, etc) CPG and mission-based selling background in refrigerated/baby/snacks spaces highly preferred.
- Specialized experience in the NY/NJ Metro Area with established relationships and demonstrated success working with a large number of diverse retailers, including direct key account or channel responsibility, along with the leading brokers (Presence Marketing) and distributors (UNFI, Rainforest, etc), servicing these channels.
- Deep understanding and experience managing the DSD distributer network unique to the NYC metro area
- Strong planning & organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
- Has demonstrated success delivering aggressive sales goals, originating strategic initiatives and building efficient “best-of-class” executions in a resource-limited environment.
- Substantial experience in the expansion of distribution for core items as well as for new category disrupters, & addressing the complexities of distributor serviced retail distribution, while maximizing results at the lowest possible overall cost.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively. A roll-up the sleeves, can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in an autonomous, hands-on, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly adaptable & resourceful. Pioneering spirit. Passion for an active health & wellness lifestyle.
- Proficient in Data Tools (SPINS, Nielsen, Retailer Portal), Excel & Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc).
- Ability to travel extensively throughout NY/NY Area
Please email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]