Gilded Pumpkin Centerpiece
We all love the Thanksgiving meal, which makes the dining room table the focal point this holiday. When hosting Thanksgiving at your home, there are many details to consider: the menu, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning the house, and decorating. The last thing you’ll want to do is spend a lot of time creating the centerpiece.
This beautiful tablescape is lovely and very simple. We like to incorporate natural elements that reflect the fall season and the harvest onto the table.
What You’ll Need:
- Glass cylinder vase
- 2 candlesticks
- Metallic gold spray pint (we recommend non-toxic)
- Small assorted colored pumpkins to fill your cylinder (plus one per candlestick)
How Kids Can Help:
- Painting pumpkins
- Sticking leaves in candlesticks
- Assembling hurricanes
- Cut out the stem of two small pumpkins to the size that will fit your candlesticks.
- Spray paint the candlestick pumpkins in addition to a few more
- Once the paint is fully dry, insert candlesticks into the cutouts. Stick small leaves in the space between the pumpkin and candlestick (optional)
- Layer the bottom of the glass cylinder with leaves. Fill with pumpkins to the top, alternating colors as you go.
- Place cylinder in the center of the table and flank with candlesticks and extra pumpkins. To add a little more glow to your table, cluster small glass votive candles around the centerpiece.