BROWN BUTTER FIG CAKE
You Will Need:
- 1 cup fig compote
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Foodstirs Frosting Mixes
- 1 box Foodstirs Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix, using ingredients on box
- *before you add in the 9 tablespoons of butter, brown it in a saucepan over medium heat
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 Foodstirs Frosting Mix. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1 Foodstirs Frosting Mix and add 2 tbsp. brown sugar and 1 cup fresh fig compote. Set aside.
- In a small saute pan, brown 9 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- In a third bowl, combine 1 box of Foodstirs Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix, yogurt, eggs, milk and browned butter. Mix well.
- Pour equally into 2-8 inch pans and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Optional: Use two specialty pans made specifically for stuffing cakes!
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Fill both cakes with sugared fig frosting.
*If you are not using specialty pans, spread the sugared fig frosting between the two cake halves like a sandwich!
- Stack the cakes.
- Using the second Foodstirs frosting mixture, lightly frost, or crumb coat, your cake.
- Garnish with fresh figs or flowers.