Your Cart is empty
2 packages Foodstirs Vanilla Cake Mix
2 packages Foodstirs Organic Vanilla Frosting Mix
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 ¼ sticks unsalted butter, melted
½ cup orange marmalade
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
3 cups fresh cranberries
6 oz. cream cheese
1 ½ teaspoons orange zest
1) Wash your hands. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then add butter and stir until mixture thickens.
3) Add 1/3 of the vanilla cake mix to the egg/butter mixture and whisk gently until blended. Gently whisk ½ of the yogurt into the batter, followed by another 1/3 of the dry mix. Add the remaining yogurt and dry mix, and whisk until smooth.
4) Evenly distribute batter into both cake pans and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top of the cakes are browned. Allow cakes to cool before removing from pans.
5) While the cakes are in the oven, combine the orange marmalade, juice, and sugar with 2 cups of cranberries in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat until mixture comes to a rapid boil and cranberries start to burst. Transfer to a glass bowl and cool completely.
6) Use an electric hand mixer to whisk the cream cheese and orange zest in a large bowl. Slowly add the vanilla frosting mix and continue whisking at medium speed until frosting is smooth and all lumps are gone.
7) To assemble the cake, place the first layer on a cake stand and spread the filling over the entire surface. Top with the second layer of cake. Spread frosting all over the top and sides of the cake. Use the remaining cranberries as garnish.
© 2017 Foodstirs, Inc.
All rights reserved.