Decorating for Halloween doesn't have to mean going to the store and buying decorations. With just a few recycled materials and some craft supplies, you can create these googly-eyed egg carton bats! Supplies:
- An empty egg carton
- Black paint
- Googly eyes
- String or ribbon
- Take an egg carton and cut out a row of three cups.
- On the outside two cups, cut a number of small semicircles about 1/4" apart to give the illusion of bat wings.
- Cover the three-cup carton in black paint.
- After the paint dries, glue two googly-eyes in the middle cup.
- On the top of the middle cup, poke two small holes about 1/4" apart using your scissors. Thread a string or ribbon through the holes. Tie onto a chandelier, centerpiece or in some trees outside!