Ooey, gooey, spooky deliciousness! S'mores are not just for making around a campfire. Did you know that you can roast marshmallows in your oven? With the weather changing and it being a little chillier outside, it's a lot faster and easier to make s'mores inside the home rather than building a fire.
If you're hosting a party, bake the cookies a few days beforehand and store in an airtight container. Assemble the s'mores and roast right before serving. These ghost s'mores are sure to be the hit of your Halloween party! They will disappear right in front of your eyes!
How Kids Can Help:
Ghost Graham Cookies Recipe
- Measure out all ingredients.
- Whisk wet ingredients.
- Form dough into a ball and flatten to a disk.
- Roll dough out using a rolling pin.
- Cut ghosts out using a cookie cutter.
- Make ghost eyes & noses using mini chocolate chips.
- Assemble s'mores.
Serving Size: 12 s'mores
- 24 ghost cookies
- 12 individual chocolate bars
- 12 marshmallows
- To make the s'mores, turn the broiler on in the oven. Place baked ghost cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Place 1 chocolate and 1 marshmallow onto each ghost cookie. Place baking sheet in oven, under the broiler. Quickly remove from oven as soon as the marshmallow begins to roast and the chocolate melts.
- Top with the second ghost cookie. Allow to cool slightly before you take that first big bite. Enjoy!
~Recipe and photos by Katie Romey, MS, RD, for Foodstirs