Bakers rise up! Foodstirs has none of the junk yet all of that from-scratch flavor you remember from those delicious childhood treats. Our clean, organic food mixes contain none of that yucky stuff. All joy, zero junk is what we aim for here at Foodstirs! We've created some unique delicious vegan recipes that we think you'll love. They're perfect for kids' treats after school, bake sales and for satisfying that nagging sweet tooth. Best of all, they're organic, clean, GMO-free as well as free from artificial colors and flavors. Foodstirs vegan recipes all have that yum-azing homemade flavor that contains less sugar than the other guys.
Our Vegan Matcha Cheesecake Brownies are an easy-to-make treat that uses or Foodstirs Organic Chocolate Lovers Brownie Mix - along with some simple, healthy add-ins, like chia seeds, coconut oil and matcha powder. The result? Delicious homemade treats that your whole family will enjoy!
Prep: 2 hours
Bake: 20 minutes
Yields: 9 brownies
Ingredients for Brownies:
One count Foodstirs Organic Chocolate Lovers Brownie Mix
2 tbsp chia seeds
9 tbsp water, divided
1/3 cup oil
8 oz. dairy-free cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup maple syrup
¼ cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp matcha powder
1/3 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Spray an 8" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix chia seeds and 5 tablespoons of water together. Set aside to thicken, about three minutes.
- Once thickened, add oil, remaining water and Foodstirs Organic Chocolate Lovers Brownie Mix to the chia mixture
- Stir until thick
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan
- Bake 19 to 22 minutes, or until baked through in the center and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature on a wire cooling rack
Matcha Cheesecake and Chocolate Swirl Directions:
- Place dairy-free cream cheese in the bowl of a standing mixer. Using the paddle attachment, whip until smooth and creamy - about two minutes.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice and matcha powder; blend until ingredients are fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then blend one minute more.
- Evenly spread cheesecake mixture on top of cooled brownies
- Add dollops of melted chocolate over cheesecake mixture, then use a butter knife to swirl the chocolate in a figure-8 pattern
- Refrigerate brownies one hour to set, then cut into squares and serve