Using our clean, vegan Foodstirs Organic Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix and several other good-for-you ingredients (like crunchy almonds, heart-healthy flax meal and antioxidant-rich blackberries), you can create a from-scratch-flavor cake that is not only delicious, it's good for you, too! Enjoy full flavor with zero guilt at home with our convenient clean mixes and easy-to-follow vegan recipes. In addition to making memories, your family will enjoy junk-free goodies that contain lower sugar and no artificial flavors or colors. Read on to see how easy it is to make our Vegan Blackberry Almond Cake. Serve with coffee or tea and top with sauteed pears (optional) for an extra-special treat.
Be sure to snap a pic of the finished product and tag us, @foodstirs or #foodstirs, on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and/or Twitter!
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 90 minutes
Yields: 8-12 servings
Ingredients for Cake:
One count Foodstirs Organic Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix
½ cup almond meal
½ cup cornmeal
2 tbsp flax meal
5 tbsp water
1 cup almond milk
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp ginger kombucha
2 cups blackberries
3 tbsp Earth Balance (or any vegan spread), cold and cubed
¾ cup flour
1/3 cup sliced almonds
¼ cup brown sugar
Ingredients for Sauteed Cinnamon Pears With Ghee:
Two to three pears, sliced
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp ghee
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp honey, optional
Directions for Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Spray a 9" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine our Foodstirs Organic Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix, almond meal and cornmeal. Stir well.
- In a small bowl, combine flax meal and water
- Stir to combine, then set aside to thicken - about five minutes
- In a separate bowl, combine flax mixture, olive oil, almond milk and kombucha. Whisk thoroughly.
- Add flax mixture to dry mixture; stir until smooth
- Fold in blackberries, then pour batter into prepared pan
- In a small bowl, combine vegan butter and flour
- Break butter apart with your hands until only small pieces remain. Incorporate brown sugar until the mixture has a similar consistency to wet sand. Crumble evenly over cake batter and top with sliced almonds.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake one hour
- Remove foil; bake an additional 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes on a wire rack. Remove spring sides and cool to room temperature before serving.
Directions for the Sauteed Pears:
- In a large bowl, combined peeled and sliced pears with cinnamon and lemon juice; toss to evenly coat
- Melt ghee in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat
- Add pears; sauté until soft, about two minutes
- Add brown sugar and heat until melted and bubbly
- Reduce heat until low and simmer three to four minutes until thickened
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and salt