- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Bake: 12 Minutes
- Yields: About 20 Cookies
- Foodstirs Organic Very Merry Gingerbread Cookie Mix
- 1 Egg
- 11 Tbsp Butter, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp Cold Water
- 1/2 Cup Biodynamic Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Water
- 20 Organic Peppermint Candies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and egg with electric mixer on low speed until cottage cheese texture forms. Begin adding in the Gingerbread Cookie Mix and slowly add in the water until dough forms and pulls away from the side of the bowl. Form dough into a disc, wrap in plastic, and freeze for about 20 minutes.
2. After dough is firm, begin rolling out on a well-floured surface until the dough is about 1/4" thick. Use a Gingerbread Person Cookie Cutter about 4" tall and cut out as many cookies as the dough allows.
3. Begin placing the Gingerbread People onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and gently press the back of the spoon into the center of the cookie creating an indent. Next, place a small round weight into the center where the indent is and wrap the little Gingerbread arms around the weight. Pro Tip: Cut a strip of aluminum foil and wrap your peppermints in it and use that as the weight!
4. While cookies are baking, begin the icing! In a small bowl, add in the 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar and 1 Tsp Water and stir until a royal icing forms (if the icing is too thick, add 1/4 Tsp measurements of water at a time to thin out). Pour icing into a piping bag and set aside until the Gingerbread People are ready to decorate!
5. Bake for 13-15 minutes and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. When cookies are still slightly warm, carefully remove the foil weight from the Gingerbread arms and slide in the Organic Peppermint Candies. Repeat for all the cookies. Once the Gingerbread People are cool to the touch, begin piping on faces and repeat with all cookies. Enjoy!