- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Bake: 20-25 Minutes
- Yields: 14 Cupcakes
- 1 Foodstirs Organic Ultimate Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Organic Oil
- 1 Cup Water (hot)
- 2 Cups Organic Biodynamic Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Butter (softened)
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Packet ColorKitchen Natural Pink Dye + 1 Packet ColorKitchen Natural Orange Dye
- 1 Capsule Organic Activated Charcoal
1. Preheat oven to 350* F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a bowl, mix together the Eggs, Oil, and hot Water until well-combined. Add in the Foodstirs Organic Ultimate Chocolate Cake Mix and stir until a batter forms.
2. Use an ice cream scoop to fill the cupcake liners 3/4s of the way full and bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set aside until assembly.
3. In a large bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, and milk and whisk until frosting forms. Remove 2 Tbsp of the plain frosting and mix with the ColorKitchen Natural Dye Packets until it is vibrant Red. Remove 1 Tbsp of the Frosting and add the Charcoal and mix until Frosting is black. Remove 2 Tbsp of the Frosting and add the Cocoa powder and mix until chocolatey, pour into a separate piping bag. With the remaining Frosting, pour into a separate piping bag.
4. Lay out the cupcakes into a dog shape and begin decorating the top with frosting to look like a puppy. Share with friends and enjoy!