Prep: 50 min
Bake: 15 min
Yields: 10 - 12 cookies
1 Color Kitchen Natural Green Food Dye
1 Color Kitchen Natural Pink Food Dye + 1 Color Kitchen Natural Blue Food Dye
1. In a mixing bowl. beat butter with electric mixer on low speed until creamy, then blend in egg. Slowly add in dry cookie mix and blend until a dough forms.
2. Divide the dough into six equal portions. Mix the packets of each color dye into the dough, blending thoroughly.
3. Roll each portion of dough in between two sheets of parchment paper to form a rectangle, about 1/8" thick. Freeze the dough sheets for 10 minutes.
4. Remove dough from freezer and remove the top sheet of parchment from the red dough. Remove parchment from orange dough sheet and stack on top of the green dough, and finally the purple dough.
5. Roll the dough along the longer side like a jellyroll. Cover with plastic and freeze 15 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove dough from freezer and unwrap from plastic. Slice the dough into 1/4" thick round cookies. Place on parchment, at least 1 inch apart. Bake 12-15 minutes until slightly puffy and golden.