- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Bake: 13 Minutes
- Yields: 15 Servings
Bunny-Shaped Sugar Cookies Recipe
Foodstirs Organic Sweet Tooth Sugar Cookie Bunnies
Satisfy your sweet tooth and bring out your inner baker with the Organic Sweet Tooth Sugar Cookie Bunnies recipe from Foodstirs. The recipe starts with a box of non-GMO Organic Sweet Tooth Sugar Cookie Mix and comes together quickly. A gingerbread man cookie cutter is used to create the bunny shapes and a homemade icing tops it all off. Make the recipe vegan by choosing substitutes for the egg and butter.
- Foodstirs OrganicSweet Tooth Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 Egg
- 12 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, Cold (Cubed)
- 1/2 Cup Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Water
- 1 Packet Color Kitchen Natural Pink Dye
- 1 Capsule Organic Activated Charcoal
- UnReal Organic Chocolate Gems
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on low speed or by hand until creamy, then blend in the egg. Slowly add in the Sweet Tooth Sugar Cookie Mix and blend until a dough is formed. Gather dough into a ball, wrap dough in plastic wrap and freeze for 20 minutes until slightly firm.
2. Using a rolling pin, roll the cookie dough out into a large circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut out as many people as the dough allows (should be close to 15). Gently press the end of a 1/4 tsp measuring spoon into the middle of the man, then reshape the legs into ears, and bend the arms to hold a chocolate gem. Pro tip: Transfer the cookie cutouts to the cookie sheet using a large spatula to ensure they hold their shape.
3. Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden, and allow to cool before assembling.
1. In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar and water to create a royal icing. Divide the icing in half and place each half into separate bowls. Add the specific Color Kitchen Dyes/Charcoal into the different bowls and mix well. Pour the colored frosting into piping bags.
1. Take a cooled cookie and pipe on some of the White Frosting on the middle of the cookie. Begin designing the cookies to look like little bunnies holding the UnReal Chocolate Gem "eggs." Repeat with all cookies. Enjoy!