Prep: 30 Minutes
Bake: 5 Minutes
Yields: 6-10 Servings
2 Cups Foodstirs™ Sunday Stacks Pancake Mix
5 Tbs Butter, cold and cubed
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Foodstirs Organic Vanilla Frosting Mix
2 Tbs Butter, softened
3 Tbs Greek Yogurt
*1-2 Tsp Milk (to thin Frosting out to an icing)
For Rainbow Cereal:
2 Cups Barbara's Organic Brown Rice Crisps Cereal
1 Packet of Color Kitchen Yellow Dye (Yellow)
1 Packet of Color Kitchen Green Dye (Green)
1 Packet of Color Kitchen Blue Dye (Blue)
1 Packet of Color Kitchen Pink Dye (Pink)
1 Packet of Color Kitchen Orange Dye (Orange)
1 Packet of Color Kitchen Pink Dye + 1 Packet of Color Kitchen Orange Dye (Red)
1 Packet of Color Kitchen Pink Dye + 1 Packet of Color Kitchen Blue Dye (Purple)
7 Gallon-sized Ziplock Bags
1. In a bowl, add in the 2 Cups of Foodstirs Organic Sunday Stacks Pancake Mix. Pour in the Milk and begin stirring. Next, add in the cold, cubed Butter and begin mixing with your hands until everything is well-incorporated and a dough forms.
2. Knead the dough until a smooth ball forms and set aside. Spray a bowl with cooking oil and place the smooth dough ball into the bowl, cover and let sit to rise for about 30 minutes.
3. After 30 minutes, knead your dough several times and then begin rolling out to 1/2-inch thickness. Use a standard cookie cutter to cut out doughnut shapes, then use a very small (about 1-inch wide) cookie cutter to cut out the doughnut holes.
4. Heat up your oil to 325*F and fry your doughnuts for about 45-60 seconds on each side, or until lightly browned. After the doughnuts are fried, place onto a paper towel-lined baking sheet and let the excess oil drain. Set aside until assembly.
1. In a bowl, add in the Foodstirs Organic Vanilla Frosting Mix, softened Butter, and Greek Yogurt.
2. If the frosting is too thick, begin by adding in 1 Tsp of Milk until desired thinness of Icing is reached. Set aside until assembly.
For Rainbow Cereal:
1. Evenly divide the 2 Cups of Barbara’s Organic Brown Rice Crisps Cereal into 7 Gallon-sized Ziplock bags.
2. Pour the according Packets of Color Kitchen Dye into each Ziplock with Cereal.
3. Seal the Ziplock bag and begin shaking the bag until the Cereal is evenly coated with the Color Kitchen Dye.
4. Lay out a large cookie sheet and pour out the colorful Cereal. Set aside until assembly.
1. Grab a doughnut, dip it into the Icing and let the excess drip off.
2. Next, roll the doughnut into the colorful Cereal and set aside on a baking rack. 3. Repeat this process for the remainder of the doughnuts. Enjoy!