- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Bake: 17 Minutes
- Yields: 18 Servings
Lisa Frank Unicorn Cupcakes with Rainbow Swirls Recipe
Foodstirs Organic Simply Sweet Vanilla Rainbow Lisa Frank Unicorn Cupcakes
Enjoy a tasty treat with a touch of nostalgia by whipping up a batch of Foodstirs Organic Simply Sweet Vanilla Rainbow Lisa Frank Unicorn Cupcakes - perfect for any occasion! Straight from the chefs in the Foodstirs kitchen, the simple recipe starts with our Organic Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix and comes together in just minutes, complete with homemade frosting. The cupcakes inspired by Lisa Frank feature a bold swirl of color, so every bite is exciting. Follow the directions as written, or customize your creation by choosing different dye colors. The options are endless!
- Foodstirs Organic Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 9 Tbsp Butter, Room Temperature
- 6 Tbsp Milk
- 6 Tbsp Yogurt
- 2 Color Kitchen Natural Blue Dye Packets
- 2 Color Kitchen Natural Green Dye Packets
- 2 Color Kitchen Natural Yellow Dye Packets
- 2 Color Kitchen Natural Orange Dye Packets
- 1 Color Kitchen Natural Orange Dye Packet and 1 Color Kitchen Natural Pink Dye Packet (Red)
- 1 Color Kitchen Natural Pink Dye Packet and 1 Color Kitchen Natural Blue Dye Packet (Purple)
- 1 Cup Organic Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Organic Butter (softened)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Greek Yogurt
- 1 ColorKitchen Natural Blue Dye Packet
- 1 ColorKitchen Natural Pink Dye Packet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, butter, eggs and yogurt, mixing until smooth. Slowly add in the Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix and stir until batter forms. Divide the cake batter into six different bowls and mix in one Color Kitchen Natural Dye into each bowl, creating red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple batter.
2. Place cupcake liners into a muffin tin and add a little of each color of batter to each cupcake liner. Pro Tip: To create a fun zigzag pattern, squirt the batter into the liners via a piping bag! This allows for more control over the finished design. Pop the cupcakes into the oven and bake for about 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to rest before frosting.
3. To make the frosting, in a medium bowl, combine the organic powdered sugar, butter and Greek yogurt. Mix until smooth. Separate the frosting into three bowls and add 1/2 of the blue dye into one bowl, 1/2 of the pink into the second bowl and the remaining pink and blue dye into the third bowl. This should create pink, blue and purple frostings. Pour frostings into piping bags and set aside for assembly.
4. Once the cupcakes are cooled and ready to frost, begin piping the prepared frosting colors on top. Pro Tip: Pipe lines of each color of frosting onto plastic wrap, roll up into a log and place in a piping bag to create a swirled frosting effect. Enjoy!