- Prep: 45 Minutes
- Bake: 25 Minutes
- Yields: 12 Servings
- 2 Foodstirs Organic Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix
- 6 Eggs
- 18 Tbsp Butter, room temperature
- 12 Tbsp Milk
- 12 Tbsp Yogurt
- 1 ColorKitchen Natural Red Velvet Color
- 3 Cups Organic Biodynamic Powdered Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Organic Butter (softened)
- 1 Packet ColorKitchen Natural Yellow Dye
- 1/4 Packet ColorKitchen Natural Pink Dye
- India Tree Carnival Mix Sprinkles
- Organic Conversation Heart Candies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine Milk, Butter, Eggs, Yogurt, and mix until smooth. Slowly add in the Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix and stir until batter forms, mixing in the ColorKitchen Natural Red Velvet Dye until the batter becomes vibrant.
2. Spray 4 cake rounds generously with Organic Non-Stick Cooking Spray and evenly divide the batter into the pans. Pop in the oven and bake for about 17-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to rest before assembly.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the Organic Powdered Sugar and Butter. Separate 1/4 Cup of the Frosting into a small bowl and add the 1/4 Packet of ColorKitchen Natural Pink Dye until light pink frosting forms. Add the ColorKitchen Natural Yellow Dye into the remainder of the Frosting and stir until yellow frosting forms.
4. Cut and shape the baked cakes into a heart shape. Begin frosting each layer, cutting a 4" circle in the center of the cakes. Fill the center cavity with the Organic Conversation Hearts. Frost the top of the cake and sides and smooth. Using the pink frosting, pipe on a fun Valentine's saying. Enjoy!