- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Bake: 17 Minutes
- Yields: 18 Servings
Rainbow Swirl Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Foodstirs Organic Simply Sweet Rainbow Vanilla Cupcakes
Four steps is all it takes to create mouth-watering Foodstirs Organic Simply Sweet Rainbow Vanilla Cupcakes at home. Our easy, step-by-step instructions help you transform a box of Foodstirs Organic Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix into a colorful treat you can share with friends and family. Our junk-free, non-GMO cake mix is made with 25% less sugar. Enjoying a vegan diet? Replace the eggs and dairy with vegan-friendly alternatives and these cupcakes will still taste just as delicious.
- Foodstirs Organic Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 9 Tbsp Butter, Room Temperature
- 6 Tbsp Milk
- 6 Tbsp Yogurt
- 2 Color Kitchen Natural Blue Dye Packets
- 2 Color Kitchen Natural Green Dye Packets
- 2 Color Kitchen Natural Yellow Dye Packets
- 2 Color Kitchen Natural Orange Dye Packets
- 1 Color Kitchen Natural Orange Dye Packet and 1 Color Kitchen Natural Pink Dye Packet (Red)
- 1 Color Kitchen Natural Pink Dye Packet and 1 Color Kitchen Natural Blue Dye Packet (Purple)
- 1 Cup Organic Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Organic Butter (Softened)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Greek Yogurt
- Sprinkle of Color Kitchen Natural Dye Packets
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, softened butter, eggs and yogurt, mixing until smooth. Slowly add in the Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix and stir until a soft batter forms. Divide the cake batter into six different bowls and mix one Color Kitchen Natural Dyes into each bowl, creating red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple batters.
2. Line muffin tins with your favorite paper or aluminum cupcake liners and fill each one 3/4 full using different colors of batter to create a rainbow effect. Pro Tip: To create a fun zigzag pattern, squirt the batter into the liners via piping bag! Place the cupcakes in the oven and bake for about 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow the baked cupcakes to rest before removing from the tins and frosting.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the organic powdered sugar, butter and Greek yogurt. Pour the frosting into a piping bag and wait until assembly. Pro tip: Using an electric mixer speeds up the process and makes for a smoother frosting!
4. Pipe white frosting onto each cupcake, then lightly dust on any remaining Color Kitchen Natural Dyes as a colorful garnish. Enjoy!