- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Bake: 20-25 Minutes
- Yields: 8 Brownie Cupcakes
- 1 Foodstirs Chocolate Lovers Brownie Mix
- 1/2 Cup Organic Applesauce
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 Cups Organic Biodynamic Powdered Sugar
- 1 Stick Organic Vegan Butter (softened)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Milk (add 1 Tsp more as needed)
- 2 Packets ColorKitchen Natural Yellow Dye
- 1/4 Tsp ColorKitchen Natural Orange Dye
- 1 Capsule Organic Activated Charcoal
1. Preheat oven to 350* F. Whisk Applesauce in a medium bowl, add oil and water and mix until well-blended. Add Foodstirs Organic Brownie mix and stir until combined. Line a muffin-tin with cupcake liners and begin pouring about 2 Tbsp of Brownie batter into the cupcake liners. Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
2. In a large bowl, begin mixing together the Powdered Sugar, Vegan Butter, and Coconut Milk until thick frosting forms. Remove 1 Tbsp of Frosting and place in a bowl with the Activated Charcoal. Remove 2 Tbsp of Frosting and place in a bowl with the Natural Orange Dye. Add the Natural Yellow Dye to the remaining Frosting. Place all three colors into separate piping bags.
3. Once the Brownie Cupcakes are completely cooled, begin piping on top Frosting to look like a baby chick. Repeat for all cupcakes. Enjoy!